Saturday, October 18, 2008

Renovations: a little progress

The first thing we are doing is tearing the nasty hung ceiling down to reveal to old tin ceiling. It is in pretty rough shape, but we wanted to salvage all the tin and create a Lousie Nevelson-esque ceiling. In other words, put as much tin as we can back up, leave the copper pipes and such that would be really hard to move, and insert some sculptural elements. Then we will paint the whole thing matte black.


Of course the artists in us saved all the scrap metal for use in future projects. Good thing we have a huge basement!



Here you can see the tin ceiling as it is now.



I just had to show this fake tile and lace stapled to the wall--how funny!




Brandon hard at work--I don't know what I would do without him! I did attempt to use a couple power tools today, but it's really not my thing :)

No comments: