Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Amy Schmutte






Amy Schmutte is a fine art photographer from Milwaukee, WI. She is also a graduate of the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design (MIAD).

I've been representing Amy Schmutte at The Emergence Project for about a year now. I am madly in love with her abstract glass photography, and I don't think I could ever tire from exploring her images. I hope to host a solo show for her as soon as the gallery is up and running.

Here is a snippet from her artist statement:

The intention of my art is a visual escape, with no heavy messages beyond a destination for your mind to play. The photographs I create express my love for the incredible qualities of glass, such as it's light translucence, textures, shapes and colors. They are macro-abstractions of glass, created entirely by traditional photographic methods, with an intentional avoidance of digital manipulation. This method provides me with an escape from the rat-race of digital technology, and a devotion to the integrity of a true photographic capture.

No comments: